Labels

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tapa Thursday-No Kitchen

No Kitchen is a relatively new restaurant in Sevilla, but one that should not be skipped. It has been on my list since I saw one of my friend's pics from a lunch he had there. It is such a great, yet simple idea: no kitchen. The items on the menu are fresh, simple, and delicious.




While browsing the menu, we ordered some aceitunas, which are a staple anywhere in Spain.


We discovered the wonderfully spicy sobrasada while in Almería having a breakfast tosta. Never seeing sobrasada in Sevilla, we immediately ordered No Kitchen's take on it with the tapa Sobrasada Iberica. This pate version of spicy sausage was a hearty appetizer for anyone who loves sausage or chorizo. 


Easily the best find at No Kitchen, this Tataki de Presa Iberica was an amazing dish. It is a fusion of soy and wasabi on a thinly sliced piece of presa or small bite of meat. It was topped with olive oil and radishes. I could have had just this dish and been amazed at this place. All the elements went so well together and I was sad when it was finished.


The last dish here, I ordered solely on the fact that it had mashed potatoes in it. I love mashed potatoes and have not had them in a really long time. They could have put anything with them and I would have been happy. But, to my surprise, the Pulpo sobre Puré de Patata was a wonderful mix of texture and tastes. It was like the octopus was meant to be with mashed potatoes, like I had been eating this combination my whole life. A fine dish to end the wonderful evening.


If you are wanting a different taste from Sevilla, No Kitchen provides it with fresh ideas and outstanding dishes at your table, without the heat of the oven. 




No comments:

Post a Comment